Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

The road I've taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The poem, sometime i forgot how much i love them long time ago. A couple of weeks before, I read this poem somewhere which i forgot, but, in my reading, i learnt that the poem mean, about a decision a person made in a life. A normal life that most people are living in or the difference one that most people avoid to.And i thought a lot whether the road i take is normal or difference. finish studying and doing work in a society in something that beyond my study. the clueless me feel confuse all the time but weirdly, i enjoy and having fun with it.

this, is not normal for me. a girl that prefer to be at home and alone, be in a position that always moving and meeting people. doing job that confusing and out my understanding. being depress when one by one of her friends take a normal step in life, getting married and set up a carrier or further higher education. and she feel 'stuck' but weirdly, believe will never regret to this kind of decision. choosing the road that less traveled by.

Because the decision, she feel refreshed. she feel new and young. really, age will increase but doesn't mean we can't think and act as a youth with high enthusiasm and spirit. the most important, she start to dream again, something that she lost for some time.

2013. there is a theory world will come to end in 2012. but, miraculously, 2013 are getting to the end. and for her, life really end in 2012. because, in 2013, she found new life where she was living with curiosity and endless of learning. Most of all learning of herself!

this. the road i've taken. i promise will never regret the every moment of it. its not easy, its always depressing but its never quiet with joy and fun. and i want to believe this road is the right one although it doesn't seem so. because life never been in long and straight road, but always bent and crook everywhere with a lot of junction and sometime the are drain, river and lake that stop the road which have to go through by whatever option lay in front. and each of it make life colourful and happening all the way.  

0 comments: